Friday, August 2, 2013

Blogging Insecurities and Doubts


Happy Friday! Today I wanted to talk about something that's been weighing on my mind lately, sorry for such a "heavy" topic on a Friday, but I think it's time I turn to some blog friends for help and advice on this topic. 

Have you ever been unsure about if you're really cut out for this blogging thing?

I read a lot of blogs and I often feel like I don't have the energy to put into my blog like some other ladies do and insecurities and doubts start to flood my head about my own blog and myself, here are some of them...

  I don't have a Twitter account (I can't seem to get on that bandwagon)
 I don't take clever and funny Instagram pictures.
I often struggle with blog post topic ideas.
I don't feel "cool" or "fun" enough.
I hate taking pictures of myself so it's hard for me to put up cute photos and videos of myself. 
I don't always have things to write about.
I wonder if anyone reads my blog anymore?
I don't get as many comments as I used to - do people not like me anymore?
Am I blogging for me or to just "keep up with it"?

I'll be honest, it's been a struggle for me to blog lately and I've been going back and forth in my head about whether or not to stop blogging. I find myself trying to remember why I started in the first place. 

I'm extremely grateful I did start my blog, I've made some amazing bloggy friends, learned lots of great stuff, shared myself with strangers, received lots of great advice, and I have an awesome journal of the last year and a half of my life! 

I really don't want to quit blogging, and I'm hoping this is just a feeling that comes around sometimes for everyone and I'm just in a little bit of a rut. It's just tough when I find myself having insecurities and doubts about something that was supposed to be fun in the first place. 

Have any of you ladies felt this way - and if so, how did you overcome it and fall in love with blogging again? 


Hope you all have a great weekend!! :)



 photo signature.png

 photo footerinstagram_zpse4a1898e.png photo footerpinterest_zps8c414800.png photo footerbloglovin_zps7f3d34aa.png


6 comments:

  1. I think we all feel like this sometimes! Or at least I know I do. There have been moments I've thought about throwing in the towel on the blog because it can become a chore. But I've stuck with it, and I am always amazed at the support I get from ladies in blog land. Some girls have become some of my close friends. It's crazy how that happens! If you need a little break take one, we'll all be here when you get back! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely think we all feel that way. If you stay true to yourself people will love your blog no matter what. You are amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's mainly the comparisons that throw off my blogging mojo. I'm thinking about how other people are more funny, better writers, more creative, have more followers, post more often etc etc etc. When I do that then I kind of get into a funk about what I'm doing on my blog. If there weren't people posting 7 days a week you would never worry about if you had anything to write about. If you didn't have anything to write you just wouldn't and would probably never think twice about it. Just try to focus on your blog and how you want to do things. That's what I REALLY try to do. If you really like it don't quit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel this way all the time! You're definitely not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've definitely been through this before, especially when I see how amazing some other blogs out there are! This summer, I took a step back and reevaluated the reasons I blog and the direction I want to go. After a blogging break, I started a new blog with a new focus! Sometimes you just have to take a break and figure out what you really want:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally understand where you are coming from, girl! Your blog is great and I love reading it! Keep up the work...be yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete