Monday, August 13, 2012

DIY Fringe Scarf

Happy Monday girlies! I hope you all had a great weekend!! I wanted to tackle a DIY project over the weekend that I saw on Pinterest last week, and it turned out pretty successfully! In case y'all wanted to try,  below are the steps I took for this project and the amazing tutorial picture I got from Pinterest. Enjoy!


Here's the original tutorial I used...

I grabbed an old shirt that I don't wear

I sliced it off towards the top

I liked the top of the shirt because it had some sparkles on it, I didn't want it to go to waste, so Libby got a new shirt! Doesn't she look soooooo excited about it!? Hehe! :)

I started cutting the fringe

Here's how it looked after all the fringe was cut

And ta-da - here's how it turned out!


This project was so easy and took a total of 5 minutes! I could definitely see making these for fun birthday gifts or something! :) So what do you think, you like??


               

22 comments:

  1. That is so stinkin cute! I am definitely going to be making one of these for Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Meg! I'm so impressed with your DIY's--I'm totally doing this one:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I'm so NOT crafty, so I prefer easy DIY projects... definitely going to try this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable!! I've seen that tutorial so many times and always avoid it because I think 'it can't be that easy' but apparently it is! Def gonna make myself a few of these! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable!! I've seen that tutorial so many times and always avoid it because I think 'it can't be that easy' but apparently it is! Def gonna make myself a few of these! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable!! I've seen that tutorial so many times and always avoid it because I think 'it can't be that easy' but apparently it is! Def gonna make myself a few of these! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's actually cute. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So so cute!! I just pinned this the other day! I need to make this asap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! It's so cute, and no one else will have it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg! How cool! I love it!!! I def think I can try this one! Great color choice too! Xoxo Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Meg!!! I love it!! I am so going to try this one out! This is a DIY project that I can totally handle!! :) And Libby is styling too!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not much for crafts but this one is actually really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorbs. I did this a couple months ago...never thought about using the other part for the fur children!

    Love the blog!
    Stopping by from GFC blog hop!

    Liz

    i couldn't help but wonder...

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow that looks like it came out really nice and looks really easy to do too!

    xoxo
    Petchie
    http://itsallofthelittlethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Libby looks dashing and your scarf turned out great :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. super cute!! I'm jealous of your crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Consider my mind BLOWN. I HAVE to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I pinned this on one of my board too! I'm totally thinking about Christmas stocking stuffers for this! My sister in laws would LOVE! (just another idea if you have some fam that would want it for Christmas!)

    ReplyDelete